Consentium is both accredited and registered to the following scope:
- Public housing (as defined by Kāinga Ora Homes and Communities Act 2019) up to and including four stories owned and retained by Kāinga Ora.
- Processing of building consent applications to verify compliance with the NZ Building Code including:
- Building work on land that is subject to natural hazards where the hazard has been mitigated in accordance with s71(2)
- Building work on two or more allotments if a section 75(2) certificate has been issued by the TA or conditions of section 76 have been met
- Existing buildings that are being altered (excluding buildings subject to EPB notice s133AL) as long as the building’s accessibility and fire provisions are being upgraded to meet s112(1).
- Inspection of building work to verify construction in accordance with the consented plans
- Issue of Code Compliance Certificates in accordance with Section 95 of the Building Act
- Issue or amend Compliance Schedules as required by Section 102 and in accordance with Section 103 of the Building Act
- Issue notices to fix (NTF) under s164 of the Act and provide copy of the notice to fix to the relevant TA within five working days of issuance - s164(2), s166
You can find our details on the Register of BCAs(external link).
A full list of services provided by Private Building Consent Authorities (BCAs), like Consentium, and other Territorial Authorities and BCAs, is below.
MBIE BCA TA Matrix [PDF, 394 KB]